DOI: 10.33098/2078-6670.2021.11.23.79-87. Mota A. Forms of prevention of illegal migration by the State Border Service of Ukraine
Mota A. Forms of prevention of illegal migration by the State Border Service of Ukraine
Purpose. The purpose of the work is to analyze the theoretical and regulatory provisions relating to the definition of forms of preventive action to combat illegal migration and used in the protection of the state border. Methodology. The method covers the application of general theoretical and special methods of scientific knowledge aimed at processing the conclusions of the study. The dialectical method, system analysis, classification and grouping methods, as well as the sociological method are used in the work. Results. The use of the most appropriate and lawful preventive measures is associated with the definition of a scientifically sound system of crime prevention, detailed structural characteristics of which in the activities of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine to combat illegal migration are covered by two main blocks: procedural and operational. The procedural block concentrates such forms as operative-search activity, proceedings in cases of administrative offenses, proceedings on the application of forced return, forced expulsion and readmission of foreigners or stateless persons. The operational-service block covers the following forms: border service, border control, operational-search and information-analytical activity, engineering-technical control, complex preventive measures (operations). Originality. According to the results of the research, the system of forms of crime prevention in the activity of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine on counteraction to illegal migration is substantiated, which envisages procedural and operational-service blocks. Forms of the procedural block of prevention of illegal migration are characterized by the impact on the offense, which has a preventive value, as well as the focus on the restoration of the disturbed state. Operational and official forms of prevention of illegal migration are designed to prevent offenses, as well as their detection to ensure an appropriate procedural response. Practical significance. The results of the research can be used in research work for further study of general and special issues of improving the fight against illegal migration, in the field of lawmaking – to improve the current administrative and migration legislation of Ukraine, in the educational process during the organization of educational activities and teaching administrative law. cycle, in law enforcement – to increase the efficiency of bodies and units of state border protection.
Key words: illegal migration, border service, foreigners, stateless persons, prevention, forms.
- Ostapenko, O. I. (1995). Administratyvna deliktolohiia: sotsialno-pravovyi fenomen i problemy rozvytku [Administrative delictology: socio-legal phenomenon and developmental problems]. Lviv: Lvivskyi in-t vnutr. sprav pry Ukrainskii akademii vnutr. sprav. 312 p. (in Ukrainian)
- Dzhuzha, O. M. (Ed.). (2011). Profilaktyka zlochyniv [Crime prevention]: pidruchnyk. Kyiv: Atika. 720 p. (in Ukrainian)
- Instruktsiia z orhanizatsii operatyvno-sluzhbovoi diialnosti viddilu prykordonnoi sluzhby Derzhavnoi prykordonnoi sluzhby Ukrainy. Ch. I (2010). [Instruction on the organization of operational and service activities of the Border Guard Service of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine.] (Part. I). Khmelnytskyi: Vyd-vo Nats. akademii Derzh. prykordon. sluzhby Ukrainy im. B. Khmelnytskoho. 176 p. (in Ukrainian)
- On State Border of Ukraine: the Law of Ukraine(1991, November 4). Vidomosti Verkhovnoyi Rady Ukrayiny. 1992, 2, art. 5 (z nast. zmin. ta dopov.). (in Ukrainian)
- Rekomendacii po garmonizacii i unifikacii zakonodatel’stva gosudarstv – uchastnikov SNG o gosudarstvennoj granice: post. Mezhparlamentskoj Assamblei gosudarstv – uchastnikov Sodruzhestva Nezavisimyh Gosudarstv ot 3 dekabrja 2009 g. № 33-16 [Recommendations on the harmonization and unification of the legislation of the CIS member states on the state border: Resolution of the Inter-Parliamentary Assembly of the States Parties to the Commonwealth of Independent States № 33-16 (2009, December 3)]. Available at: http://iacis.ru/upload/iblock/1d8/ass_33_13a.pdf. (accessed 14th Apr 2019). (in Russian)
- On Border Control: the Law of Ukraine (2009, November 5). Vidomosti Verkhovnoyi Rady Ukrayiny. 2010, 6, art. 46 (іz zmin. ta dopov.). (in Ukrainian)
- Onthe State Frontier Service of Ukraine: the Law of Ukraine (2003, April, 3).Vidomosti Verkhovnoyi Rady Ukrayiny. 2003, 27, art. 208 (іz zmin. ta dopov.). (in Ukrainian)
- Ohniev, T. Ye. (2017). Illegal migration: criminal–law and criminological aspects: PhD diss. Kyivskyi un-t prava. Kyiv. (in Ukrainian)
- Lytvyn, M. M. (2012). Intehrovane upravlinnia kordonamy [Integrated border management]: pidruchnyk. Khmelnytskyi: Vyd-vo Nats. akademii Derzh. prykordon. sluzhby Ukrainy im. B. Khmelnytskoho. 416 p. (in Ukrainian)
- Zakaliuk, A. P. (2007). Kurs suchasnoi ukrainskoi kryminolohii: teoriia i praktyka [The course of modern Ukrainian criminology: theory and practice]. Kyiv: Vydavnychyi Dim «In Yure». Kn. 1: Teoretychni zasady ta istoriia ukrainskoi kryminolohichnoi nauky [Theoretical Foundations and History of Ukrainian Criminological Science]. 424 p. (in Ukrainian)