DOI: 10.33098/2078-6670.2019.8.20.105-111 Volosheniuk N. The ratio of election campaigning to political and social advertising
Volosheniuk N. The ratio of election campaigning to political and social advertising
Purpose. The purpose of this paper is to investigate the relationship between election campaigning and political and social advertising, namely to define the criteria for the separation of political advertising and election campaigning, to improve the definition of political and social advertising, and so on. Methodology. The methodology involves a comprehensive analysis and generalization of available scientific and theoretical material and the formulation of relevant conclusions and recommendations. During the research the following methods of scientific knowledge were used: terminological, logical-semantic, functional, system-structural, logical-normative. Results. In the course of the research, the criteria for demarcation of political advertising and election campaigning were determined, the definition of political and social advertising was improved, the amendments to the Law on Advertising on political and social advertising were proposed, the features of the distribution of political advertising during the election campaign were defined in the Law of Ukraine; definition in the Law of Ukraine “On Advertising” of the mechanism of payment for political advertising, which should have features in comparison with commercial, as well as in the period of election campaigning. Originality. The study found that the ratio of election campaigning to political and social advertising requires significant improvements in their use and legislative regulation. Electoral law scientists are working to improve these shortcomings. Practical significance. The results of the research can be used in legislation and law-enforcement activities.
Key words: elections; canvass; political and social advertising; legislative regulation.
1. Shevchenko, T. C. (2012). Pravove rehuliuvannia peredvybornoi ahitatsii u zasobakh masovoi informatsii: suchasnyi stan ta perspektyvy vdoskonalennia [Legal regulation of election campaigning in mass media: current state and prospects for improvement]. Naukovi zapysky NaUKMA. Yurydychni nauky, 129, 92-97. (in Ukrainian)
2. On the election of the People’s Deputies of Ukraine: Law of Ukraine № 4061-VI (2011, November 17). Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/4061-17. (in Ukrainian)
3. Fedorenko, I. P., Pankratova, L. L. (Comps.). (2015). Diialnist zasobiv masovoi informatsii v period vyborchoi kampanii – 2015 [Activities of the mass media during the election campaign period – 2015]. Kyiv. (in Ukrainian)
4. Savkov, A.P. (2010). Suchasna rol zasobiv masovoi informatsii u vyborchomu protsesi Ukrainy [The contemporary role of mass media in the electoral process of Ukraine]. Naukovi zapysky Instytutu zakonodavstva Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainy, 2, 103-108. (in Ukrainian)
5. Shevchenko, T.S. (2006). Perspektyvy vdoskonalennia pravovoho instytutu peredvybornoi ahitatsii u zasobakh masovoi informatsii [Prospects for improvement of the legal institute of election campaigning in mass media]. Vybory ta demokratiia : nauk.-prosvitnytskyi pravnychyi zhurn, 1 (7), 65. (in Ukrainian)
6. On amendments and supplements to some laws of Ukraine on election campaigning and coverage of the electoral process in the media: Draft law reiestratsiinyi nomer 2764 (2008, July 11). (in Ukrainian)