DOI:10.33098/2078-6670.2020.9.21.43-51 Humeniuk T. International experience in organization and performance of civil service
Humeniuk T. International experience in organization and performance of civil service
Purpose. The purpose of the article is to address the topical issues of international experience in the organization and performance of the civil service. Methodology. The methodology involves a comprehensive study of theoretical and practical material on this subject, as well as formulation of relevant conclusions and recommendations. The following methods of scientific cognition were used in the research process: dialectical, terminological, formal and logical, comparative and legal, system and functional methods. Results. In the course of the research, it was established that the modernization of the civil service should be carried out in the following areas: improvement of the legal fundamentals of the performance of the civil service; ensurance of political neutrality in performance of their professional duties, improvement of their legal and social protection; regulation of the procedure for providing public services; improvement of normative regulation of requirements for professional ethics of civil servants; improvement of the efficiency of civil service management; professionalization of the civil service, improvement of the system of professional training of civil servants while taking into account the further professionalization of the civil service, the principles of the organization of training of civil servants in the EU Member States. Scientific novelty. The study found that civil service reform is one of the key reforms, because it is impossible to build a strong, economically advanced and democratic state without efficient civil servants and proper governance. Practical importance. The results of the study can be used to improve the constitutional legislation, labor legislation of Ukraine regarding the disciplinary responsibility of civil servants.
Key words: civil service, civil servants, disciplinary responsibility, administrative responsibility, conduct of officials, system of administrative justice, the Federal Republic of Germany, the French Republic.
1. Broker, L. (2018). Vid «Osoblyvykh vladnykh pravovidnosyn» do vseokhopliuiuchoho pravovoho zakhystu sluzhbovtsiv v administratyvnykh sudakh na pidstavi norm osnovnoho Zakonu: konstytutsiino-pravovi zasady instytutu chynovnytstva za nimetskym pravom[From «Special Governmental Legal Relations» to the comprehensive legal protection of officials in administrative courts on the basis of the Constitution: the constitutional legal framework of the government machinery according to the German law]. Public Service and Administrative Judiciary: Achievements and Challenges: Proceedings of the 1st International Scientific and Practical Conference (Kyiv, July 5-6, 2018). K. : Publishing House «Dakor», 2018. S. 51-61. (in Ukrainian)
2. Bukhtiiarova, I. (2018). Zarubizhnyi dosvid pravovoho rehuliuvannia derzhavnoi sluzhby ta implementatsiia yoho v ukrainske zakonodavstvo [International experience in legal regulation of the civil service and its implementation in the Ukrainian legislation]. Public Service and Administrative Judiciary: Achievements and Challenges: Proceedings of the 1st International Scientific and Practical Conference (Kyiv, July 5-6, 2018). K. : Publishing House «Dakor», 2018. S. 68-73. (in Ukrainian)
3. Harasymiv, T. (2018). Teoretyko-pravovi kontsepty instytutu derzhavnoi sluzhby v pravovykh systemakh svitu [Theoretical and legal concepts of the civil service institute in the legal systems of the world]. Executive Power in Ukraine and Other States: History and Modernity (Aspects of Law): Proceedings of the Eighth All-Ukrainian Scientific and Theoretical Internet Conference / Scientific Internet Conferences. No 8 / Terliuk I.Ya. (compiler) / Institute of Law, Psychology and Innovative Education of the National University. Lviv: Liga Press, 2018. S. 10-14. (in Ukrainian)
4. Honcharuk, N. (2017). Modernizatsiia derzhavnoi sluzhby ta upravlinnia liudskymy resursamy v Ukraini u konteksti yevropeiskoi intehratsii [Modernization of the civil service and human resource management in Ukraine in the context of European integration]. Topical Issues of European Integration and Euro-Atlantic Cooperation of Ukraine: Materials of the 14th Regional Research and Practice Conference, 28-31. (in Ukrainian)
5. Hubanov, O. (2016). Protsedura prytiahnennia do dystsyplinarnoi vidpovidalnosti derzhavnykh sluzhbovtsiv v Ukraini ta Federatyvnii Respublitsi Nimechchyna: porivnialnyi analiz[Procedure for disciplining civil servants in Ukraine and the Federal Republic of Germany: a comparative analysis]. Entrepreneurship, Economy and Law, 10, 97-101. (in Ukrainian)
6. Hubska, O. (2018). International experience of legal regulation of employment and public service: recommendations for Ukraine. URL : https://sud.ua/ru/news/blog/121367. (in Ukrainian)
7. Mosora, L.S. (2018). The experience of civil service organization in Poland: milestones for Ukraine. URL : http://www.dy.nayka.com.ua/pdf/3_2018/36.pdf. (in Ukrainian)
8. Rules of ethical conduct for civil servants (EU and US experience). Briefing note prepared by the European Information and Research Center at the request of the Committee of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. URL : http://euinfocenter.rada.gov.ua/uploads/documents/29069.pdf (in Ukrainian)
9. Tymoshchuk, V.P., Shkolyk, A.M. (Ed.). (2007). Publichna sluzhba.Zarubizhnyi dosvid ta propozytsii dlia Ukrainy[Public service. Foreign experience and suggestions for Ukraine]. K: Konus. (in Ukrainian)
10. Pustovoit L. A. (Comps.). (2010). Systema derzhavnoho upravlinnia Respubliky Frantsiia: dosvid dlia Ukrainy[Public administration system of the Republic of France: experience for Ukraine]. K.: NADU. (in Ukrainian)
11. Training system for civil servants in France (2010) / Raymond Pignagol, of the Twinning project «Developing and Improving the Civil Servants Training System in Ukraine», Head of the Department for European and International Affairs, Main Office of the Administration and Civil Service, Ministry of Civil Service of France. K., 2010. 26 s. (in Ukrainian)
12. Cherevko O. (2018). Zarubizhnyi dosvid pravovoho rehuliuvannia publichnoi sluzhby ta rekomendatsii dlia Ukrainy [International experience of legal regulation of public service and recommendations for Ukraine]. Public Service and Administrative Judiciary: Achievements and Challenges: Proceedings of the 1st International Scientific and Practical Conference.(pp. 441-447). K.: Publishing House «Dakor». (in Ukrainian)