DOI: 10.33098/2078-6670.2021.12.24.154-161 Subbot A., Korneev Y. The role of government bodies in ensuring the activities of management of protection, use and reproduction of forests
Subbot A., Korneev Y. The role of government bodies in ensuring the activities of management of protection, use and reproduction of forests
Purpose. The purpose of this article is to establish the role of state regulation and management in the field of forest relations in order to ensure effective protection, proper protection, rational use and reproduction of forests. Define the powers of state bodies through which the state manages forest resources. Identify forest management functions. To analyze the main tasks of state regulation and management in the field of forest relations. Method. The methodology includes a comprehensive analysis and generalization of available scientific and theoretical material and the formulation of relevant conclusions and recommendations. The following methods of scientific cognition were used during the research: terminological, logical-semantic, functional, system-structural, logical-normative. Results. As a result of the study, it was found that in our country there is a very extensive system of control of government agencies over activities in the forest sector. But its effectiveness is low, because illegal deforestation is carried out en masse, and the authorities that are supposed to monitor it do not seem to notice anything, or officials who depend on the solution of a particular issue decide them in their favor, not in favor of the state. Such cases are not uncommon – mostly mass. Therefore, we need to change and improve this control system – otherwise we may be left without forests. This in turn affects the ecological environment of citizens and their lives and health. Scientific novelty. In the course of the research it was established that the system of state management of forest resources is inefficient and needs to be improved. Practical significance. The results of the study can be used in law-making and law enforcement activities during the implementation of measures for the protection, use and reproduction of forests.
Key words: forest resources, governance, forest protection, use of forest resources, rational use of forests, forest protection, forest reproduction.
1. von Maydell H.-J. Role of the Government in Forest Management – German Experience … P. 183 – 187. (in Englisg)
2. Popov, V.K., Hetman, A.P. (2001). Ekolohichne pravo Ukrainy [Environmental law of Ukraine]. Kharkiv: Right. 480 p. (in Ukrainian)
3. Forest Code of Ukraine: as of 08.08.2021 № 3852-XII. Vidomosti Verkhovnoyi Rady Ukrayiny. 1994. №17, p. 100. (in Ukrainian)
4. Schmithuesen Franz. Tenure and Joint Resource Management Systems… P. 35 – 36. (in Englisg)
5. Vakulyuk, P. G. (2000). Narysy z istorii lisiv Ukrainy [Essays on the history of forests of Ukraine]. Fastiv: Polyphast, p. 352. (in Ukrainian)