DOI: 10.33098/2078-6670.2019.8.20.55-61 Semyanyk O. Legal regulation of the issues of education and culture in the halicy of the first half of the ХІХ с
Semyanyk O. Legal regulation of the issues of education and culture in the halicy of the first half of the ХІХ с
Purpose. The purpose of the article is to analyze the normative legal acts of the 19th-century Habsburg Empire, which regulated the issues of culture and education, as well as the specifics of implementation of these norms in Galicia. Method. The methodology involves the analysis of theoretical and source bases, followed by generalization and formulation of relevant conclusions and recommendations. In view of the interdisciplinary nature of the problem, the complex of general scientific, special-legal, special-historical and philosophical methods and approaches, as well as the principles of objectivity, historicism, systematic and comprehensive, were used in the work. Results. It is established that the reforms to the spirit of “enlightened absolutism” began at the end of the positive changes, which at the end of the eighteenth century. was conducted by Empress Maria Theresa and Emperor Joseph II. Reforms initiated the secular nature of culture, as it eliminated censorship under the authority of the church. In addition, the desire to use the national question to ensure the integrity of the monarchy led to an increase in the status and role of the Greek Catholic Church, whose representatives in the early twentieth century. took over the lead of the national-political movement. Important changes occurred during the revolutionary events of 1848-1849, as well as the constitutional reforms of the 1860s, which guaranteed the broad national and cultural rights of the peoples of the empire, including the Ukrainians of Galicia. Scientific novelty. The paper highlights the systematic normative acts of the Habsburg Empire, which regulated the issues of culture and education in Galicia in the nineteenth century. Practical significance. The results of the study can be used in further historical and legal studies, preparation of special courses.
Key words: Austro-Hungary, Constitution, regulations, legal regulation, education, culture, Halychyna.
1. Ivanov, I.V., Oleinykov, V.V. (2014). Osoblyvosti rozvytku osvichenoho absoliutyzmu v Avstriiskii imperii [Features of the development of enlightened absolutism in the Austrian Empire]. Yevropeiski perspektyvy, 3, 45-50. (in Ukrainian)
2. Tyshchyk, B.I. (2003). Istoriia derzhavy i prava Avstrii ta Avstro-Uhorshchyny (X st. – 1918 r.) [History of the State and Law of Austria and Austria-Hungary (X. – 1918)]. Lviv: yurydychnyi fakultet Lvivskoho natsionalnyi universytet imeni Ivana Franka. (in Ukrainian)
3. Romanova, Zh. (2003). Pochatok reformuvannia Avstriiskoi systemy osvity ta pedahohichna diialnist Ya.I. Felbihera [Beginning of the reform of the Austrian education system and pedagogical activity Ya.I. Felbiger]. Visnyk Lvivskoho universytetu. Ser. pedahoh., 17, 247–252. (in Ukrainian)
4. Boiko, I.I. (2009). Orhany vlady i pravo v Halychyni u skladi Polskoho korolivstva (1349–1569 rr.) [Authorities and Law in Galicia within the Polish Kingdom (1349-1569)]. Lviv: Vydavnychyi tsentr LNU imeni Ivana Franka. (in Ukrainian)
5. Mozer, M. (2008). Uzhyvannia ukrainskoi movy hreko-katolytskoiu Tserkvoiu v Halychyni (1772–1859 rr.) [Use of the Ukrainian language by the Greek Catholic Church in Galicia (1772–1859).]. Prychynky do istorii ukrainskoi movy. Kharkiv, 474-651. (in Ukrainian)
6. Raikivskyi, I. Ya. (2012). Ideia ukrainskoi natsionalnoi yednosti v hromadskomu zhytti Halychyny ХІХ stolittia [The idea of Ukrainian national unity in the public life of Galicia in the nineteenth century]. Ivano-Frankivsk: Vydavnytstvo Prykarpatskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni Vasylia Stefanyka. (in Ukrainian)
7. Palamarchuk, N.I. (2016). Rol «Ruskoi triitsi» u probudzhenni natsionalnoi svidomosti zakhidnykh zemel Ukrainy [The role of the Russian Trinity in awakening the national consciousness of the western lands of Ukraine]. Storinky istorii, 41, 32-43. (in Ukrainian)
8. Ilyn, L.M. (2016). Tradytsiine pravospryiniattia idei derzhavotvorennia ukraintsiamy seredyny ХІХ – pochatku ХХ st. [Traditional perception of the idea of state formation by Ukrainians in the mid-19 th – early 20th centuries.]. Nauka ta osvita ХХI stolittia: materialy zvitnoi vykladatskoi ta studentskoi naukovo-praktychnoi konferentsii (pp. 28-33).Ivano-Frankivsk. (in Ukrainian)
9. Sedliar, O. (2012). «Halytsko-ruska matytsia»: zavdannia, orhanizatsiia, chleny tovarystva (1848-1870 pp.) [«Galicia-Russian mother»: tasks, organization, members of the society (1848-1870 pp.)]. Ukraina: kulturna spadshchyna, natsionalna svidomist, derzhavnist, 21. 668-692. Retrieved
from: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Uks_2012_21_60. (in Ukrainian)
10. Ilyn, L.M. (2016). Aspekt prawny kwestii języka nauczania w działalności Galicyjskiego Sejmu Krajowego w latach 1870-1876 [Law contents of the question of language teaching in the regional Galician Sejm (1870-1876)]. Naukovo-informatsiinyi visnyk Ivano-Frankivskoho universytetu prava imeni Korolia Danyla Halytskoho. Seriia: Pravo, 2. 44-50. (in Ukrainian)
11. Hryb, N. (2006). Pryiniattia, struktura ta osnovni polozhennia avstriiskoi konstytutsii 1867 roku [Adoption, structure and main provisions of the Austrian constitution of 1867]. Visnyk Lvivskoho universytetu. Seriia yurydychna, 43. 50–55. (in Ukrainian)